Monday 28 April 2008

What gets my legs pumping

I have already mentioned many of the podcasts I listen to whilst riding but if you are flagging on the bike nothing gets you going like some decent music. Perhaps I should clarify that it doesn't have to be decent at all, it just needs to get you going and that can be anything from some junk on cBeebies to Rock Around The Clock to something trendy and up to date that I have never heard of. I know that I am opening myself up to ridicule here but I am going to list the tracks on my MP3 player that pick me up even when glycogen is low, the wind and rain are soaking through to my bones and I am feeling like Steve. So in no particular order:

Turning Japanese - The Vapours
A Town Called Malice - The Jam
Heaven Is a Halfpipe - OPM
Filthy/Gorgeous - Scissor Sisters
Duke of Earl - Darts
Jump Around - House of Pain
The Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Switchback - Celldweller
Jailhouse Rock - Elvis
She's Not There - Santana
It's Gonna be a Beautiful Night - Prince

What do you listen to to get you going when there are still 15 miles to go and you just want to die?

2 comments:

Carol D. O'Dell said...

Hey, I can't judge another person's exercise music because even though I'm under 30 (and let's just leave it at that)I LOVE HARD music to exercise to.

Pussycat Dolls, Fergie, LOVE the latest Grey's Anatomy soundtrack. I don't even mind raunchy lyrics and rap when I exercise--it just has to have a great beat.

Walking and headphones saved my sanity while I was my mom's caregiver. Put on music and you're instantly transported. Great when your mother is living with you--and has Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. We need lots of tools, and music is one of them.

~Carol D. O'Dell
Author of Mothering Mother: A Daughter's Humorous and Heartbreaking Memoir
available on Amazon
www.mothering-mother.com

Cactusnic said...

Grey's Anatomy has been a secret passion of mine. I will have to check out the soundtrack.

Your Book looks great, I hadn't heard of it before but have just placed an order!