Friday 4 April 2008

Time Trialing to Work

Cyling into work this evening was great, the sun was shining and I was able to just wear shorts and top for the first time this year. I even added a few miles to the trip to make it a 32 mile inward ride. What made the ride was discovering myself in the middle of the local bike clubs evening time trial. Just as I turned onto the A38 a guy flew past me all tucked down and really going for it. Not long after another guy came by but going at a more sensible pace averaging about 22-23mph. I was able to grab his back wheel and got a nice tow for the next 5 miles or so Mega! After he turned off it was me and the wind again but I managed to keep up a better pace than of late and consequently had the time to add a few extra miles.

I am still riding the cyclo cross bike with knobblies on so hopefully I should see a pick up in pace when I get around to sticking the slicks on.