Saturday 5 April 2008

Night Shift Rogate Ramblings

My training has been going very well this week. I have cycled the 30 mile journey into work two days in succession now and plan to again on Sunday. My knees are starting to complain a bit though so I figure I will play that one by ear.

Like most cyclists I have bits of kit I particularly like so I thought I would review the odd one here or there. So here goes:

Last month I bought a DHB Rogate top from Wiggle on offer (They always clobber me with their email offers and my weak will). It has really surprised me how versatile it is. I have been wearing it with a string vest type base layer under it and it keeps me nice and snug at 0deg C right up to 10deg without getting all boil in a bag. If things do start hotting up there is a full length zip to give maximum ventilation. It is also extremely comfortable, all fleecy inside, with a windproof front, a silicone gripper at the base of the back to prevent ride up and a zip up pocket in addition to the usual 3 rear pockets. One of the nicest design features for me has been that it has a chest pocket designed for mp3 players with a little hole to route the headphones inside. It just has room for my iPod Touch so should fit most players just fine. It really is fantastic quality for the money. It retails at £44 but was £30 on offer and is one of those tops that will be worn from October through to April. I love it!