Tuesday 18 March 2008

Waffle

Thought i'd throw in a quick update. My bike is in pieces at the moment as a very, very wet ride on Saturday meant that rust was creeping in on Sunday so had to strip it down and do some greasing. Problem is i now have to put it back together again, never my strong point. I have been doing my fair share of turbo training and blasting my head with some natty sounds on the i pod, would highly recommend The Clash, Happy Mondays, Spear of Destiny, Nick Cave (new cd is superb) if spending time frantically spinning nowhere while staring at a wall. Nick unfortunately has a poor taste in music, perhaps i can educate him while we are meandering down through the country.
Thanks to Alison for her input, i did suggest my wife had her say, but she doesn't do anything related to cycling without including strong language so perhaps best if she stays away. Last expletives issued re my bike is when she came in from work to find bits of bike lying on the kitchen floor, which of course was properly protected, my response of it's to cold in the garage didn't go down well. Perhaps i won't push for having my Stumpjumper mounted in the lounge (between rides) as a piece of art.
Read a good article in this months What MTB mag, how many bikes is enough? n+1 (n being infinity). Made me think about buying another bike, do fancy a nice bit of titanium......Mmmmm.
Dave.

4 comments:

Cactusnic said...

Yeah yeah Dave. You oldies just don't get the younger generation's music.

I pity your poor bike, I have seen you with a spanner - its not the most effective combination.

Regie said...

Funny enough my better half has just explained in clear concise terms how bored she is with me constantly yapping on about cycling, moaning when I can't go out etc. I made sure the bike is always outside before she gets back in, nearly got caught the other day when she spotted a spot of grease on the dining room floor, 'must have come off my shoes!!'

Cactusnic said...

Since my lady wife will probably be reading this at some point I would like to make it clear that I would never ever and I mean ever dream of bringing my bike indoors. Honest Luv.

Alison said...

And I would never ever put your precious lycra in the tumble dryer either honey nor leave your cycling shoes out in the rain... honest! x