Thursday 13 March 2008

The benefits of being a cycling widow

As Nick's cycling training intensifies, we may be seeing less of him around the house, but that's ok. What I get out of it way outweighs the negatives.
In exchange for Nick's 4 hour bike ride today, I got:
*a lie in til 7.30am - a mega treat as our youngest is up from 5am!
*peace and quiet while Nick was out cycling (Noah was at playgroup and Jonah had a nap back home) - time for a lovely cuppa and feet up!
*a happy, chirpy healthy Nick on return
*and once he'd had a cup of tea, I left for a guilt-free 3 hour child-free shopping trip while he spent some quality time playing with the kids.
BARGAIN!

I now need to think of something mega I can have as a trade for the 9 whole days (and nights!) I'm left with the kids on my own while he and Dave merrily peddle their way through the beautiful countryside, gentle breeze blowing through their hair, sun on their faces, waving to the sheep and cows as they roll down the hills with their feet in the air.

Any ideas, on a postcard please...

But, on a serious note - good luck to them both - it is very commendable and can only be encouraged, especially as for such a good cause.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that upon his return Nick should receive a hero's welcome followed by 9 days of massages and pampering. ;-)