Saturday 29 March 2008

Another very, very wet ride.

Managed a decent 3 hours on the singlespeed mtb today. My original plan was to get out early and do 40ish road miles, however by the time i got wife/daughter sorted out it was 10am and raining very persistently. Not good for road riding, as you become even more invisible to certain car drivers who's aim in life appears to be to run you off the road.
So took the singlespeed out, first time since Jan, and rode on the back lanes to Woodbury Common where i managed 50 mins in the mud. Woodbury is a great place to ride, when the wind and rain are not pummeling you from all directions and the sand/water/mud is not corroding every part of your bike, especially brakes. Just reminded me i should clean it and put a bit of lube on or it may never work again! Anyway on returning home i was freezing cold and soaked to the skin, unable to undo my shoes and praying that June is not like this.
Now, after a very hot bath and much refreshment i feel very smug, especially as having spoken to Nick and he said he had not ridden due to the weather (lightweight). Hopefully tomorrow will be drier.
Looks like we might be joined by Steve on our little trek in June, providing he sorts those gears out, the thought of Steve cursing every slipped gear and then having to ride in the big ring everywhere is not pleasurable! Dave.

7 comments:

Cactusnic said...

Hey Oldie! The weather had nothing to do with it! I was taking a well earned rest day. Which is probably like most days to you!

I had forgotten Steve's gears. If he doesn't get it fixed I will go and do it myself! You listening Steve?! ;-)

Steve said...

Hey boys, listen I'm planning to get them sorted OK, if your lucky I may even do some training!

Cactusnic said...

Steve and training. Hmmmmm...

Cactusnic said...

Can you ride the HONC with us then? 13th April.

Steve said...

Sorry flying to the states on the 13th. Hey training starts tomorrow despite my debilitating medical condition (the squits)

Regie said...

Steve - Way Way too much information! I am now traumatised!

Cactusnic said...

You should try sharing a Tent with him!