Wednesday 26 March 2008

Malverns Day in the sun


I had a cracking ride today, a bit of on and off road - just the ticket for the cross bike. Below is the elevation profile. It didn't really feel quite as dramatic as it looks, the gradients on the road were pretty easy going. The scenery was mega though, I had a butchers at Eastnor Castle before winding up the West side of the Malverns. I didn't go to the highest bit due to time constraints but Upper Wyche was high enough for me! I then rode along the ridge of the hill, offroad, back down to the A449. Stopping to take in the view and eat for a while at the best bits. The ride home was plain sailing with a tail wind and a friendly roady (Hi Jim) who took it in turns with me to ride on the front back to Gloucester. 66.6 miles (yikes!) and 3800ft of climbing. That belly will be shrivelling to nothing at this rate. Ride details are at Bikely here and at Motionbased here.