Friday 9 May 2008

Another hilly one.

A brief 45 miles to Newquay and back today. Again a bit lumpy but all good fun, well it is with a compact chainset!
Newquay is definitely not cycle friendly, weird one way system, hilly, maniacs in cars and people stepping off the pavement in front off you, glad its not on our route.
I can recommend Science in Sport Rego, (as supplied by Ironbridge Runner, thanks) recovery drink, definitely helped with the recovery and helped me ride today without feeling to sore.
I have started to think about the finer details of our ride, and which roads we will take, flat ones hopefully, it will be nice to have a final route planned out before we start. I'm sure WE will get lost somewhere!

4 comments:

Cactusnic said...

Better be careful what you say about Newquay or Regie will be after you!

When you get a chance can you email me the addresses of the stops or any particular places you want to go/avoid? I can do the route on bikely or mapmyroute then so we can upload any we are unsure of onto the GPS.

I am sure WE will get lost most days but that will be all part of the fun. Aye Steve ;-)

Steve said...

If Dave's got anything to do with directions we;ll end up in Paris...

Regie said...

Welcome to my world, the land of evil hills on every ride!
should have give me a shout mate, could have shown you the dungeons then asked the others how much they would pay for me to keep you locked in!
Reg

Cactusnic said...

you missed a chance to double your donations there Regie!