Thursday 15 May 2008

90 Miles

My plan for today, following a week of stresses outside of my JOGLE and Internet world, was to blast away the negativity with a 100 miler. I planned to check out my route, or at least the start of it, for day 8 of the JOGLE.

Typically the weather decided to turn from the glorious sunshine to a more usual grey blustery showery sort of day. Not to be deterred I set off. I had programmed the route into my Forerunner gps with mapmyride an excellent site for such things discovered from fellow Jogler Stu . Well worth checking out.

The ride mainly avoided busy A roads and was quite a pleasant bimble winding through the Costwolds taking in Wooten Under Edge, Wickwar, and Chipping Sodbury before skirting around the outskirts of Bristol and heading through Keynsham and onto Wells. I stopped just short of the descent into Wells as I was short on time having left 4 hours later than planned :-P

The route still made it to the 90 Mile mark at an average of 15mph. I was reasonably happy with this as the weather was windy and miserable and there were no tractors in sight. I had to rely on podcasts for entertainment. I would be really lost without them on a long solo ride.

The good news for the Jogle is that I felt reasonably strong throughout and but for a lack of time would have comfortably made the 100 mark. Honest.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Lets hear some respect for the fat man ;-)

Stephen said...

Well done!